Do you all already know Mihee Kim-Kort? I hope you do. If you aren’t following her podcast, “This Everyday Holy,” you’re missing out. I’ve also followed her blog for a long time. This summer she did a long series on “The Meaning of Children,” doing that crazy thing where you integrate parenting life with deep thoughts.
Mihee isn’t only into talking about parenthood. She’s a published author, an ordained pastor in the PC(USA), a theologian and a social justice activist. She tends to be involved in more things at a time than I can keep track of. But I managed to nail her down long enough for this interview.
In this conversation, we about things she and I might like to chat about: at the beginning activism and art, voice and accountability, and how those different things go together; in the middle some stuff about who has permission to make art, and out of what materials; and then, at the end, what all that tells us about God.
(Side Note: I think I really like doing interviews! Should I keep doing this? Should I do them in audio so they’re easier to listen to? Feedback in comments, please. )
Now it’s your turn! Our #WholeMama prompt word for the link-up this week is “ordinary.”
HOW TO JOIN:
- Journal or blog your thoughts on “ordinary.” If you’re blogging, link it up with us below, so we can read and encourage.
- Read other people’s processing (as links are added to the link-up below) and encourage them.
- Join the Twitter party tonight (Monday) at 7:30 PST/9:30 CST and later. #wholemama
Join the Fuze call tonight (Monday) at 6:30 PST/8:30 CST (the Fuze call is before the Twitter chat): https://www.fuzemeeting.com/fuze/55d39ae7/29818434We cancelled the Fuze call tonight. Sorry for the short notice!
- Go see what Abby is up to with the Whole Mama Love Bomb squad.
- We’re still giving away free books written by Christian women, just for sharing your life on the #wholemama hashtag on Instagram. Last week’s winner was Katie, who is getting a (signed!) copy of Wild in the Hollow, by Amber C. Haines. Post your own images of mom life or ordinary moments to be entered in next week’s random number drawing!